Thursday, 2 April 2015

Healthy Hoof - Naked Nails

I bought Healthy Hoof by Gena from Nail Polish Canada which I received in the mail a couple of days ago. It is an intensive protein treatment that is supposed to moisturize and nourish nails and cuticles. It said it will heal splitting, peeling nails, so I am hoping this will help me out.


The directions are to massage into nails and cuticles daily. I have been doing this for three days now on my naked nails. I figure this would work best without any polish on at all. I plan to do this for at least 7 days, maybe 10 to give my nails a chance for this to work. I doubt this will stop the damage that is already there, but it may help to nourish the new nail growth, which hopefully won't split and peel anymore. I stopped pushing my cuticles back about nine months ago, as I had read that doing that can create brittleness and damage to your nails. I honestly believe it has been helping, as my nails are not peeling as much as they use to. So now I am trying to be more active with moisturizing my cuticles and hands in general.


The product seems good and absorbs nicely into the skin and nail. I had just applied it a few minutes before taking this photo this morning. I am happy with the product so far. Maybe if I'm super lucky it'll help reduce the ridges on my nails that are so obvious in this photo. ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to add a note about this product after having been using it for a while. I will admit that I am not the most disciplined person, so I have not been using the product faithfully every day. In fact, I have gone long periods without using it and then stretches where I do use it daily.

    Even though this is the case, I can honestly say that I have noticed a difference in my nails. My nails are healthier and have far less ridges. They do not split as much as they were. I am really happy with this product!

    ReplyDelete